Thursday, May 23, 2013

TNB owe me an answer

This is a true story on TNB (Tenaga National Berhad) on 21st May 2013. I log down this incident first as an achive to keep track on how is the progress of TNB, the National Electrical Board from now till year 2020. Secondly, I am very unhappy with the service provided by the TNB hotline.

I faced a electrical power trip from external on 21st May 2013 at 8:30 pm. As it happened in my home in a condominium, I called the guard house as per normal practice. The guard attended my call and came over to check the power supply in my house and then confirm with me that the trip was from TNB (external from my house).

After all the double checking and confirming, I called the TNB hotline (15454) at 09:30 pm, and it was answered by a lady whose name is Nor. I explained to her clearly on what was happening and confirming that both the MCB (Main Circuit Breaker) and ELCB (Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker) in my house were ON and there is no power supply. I even explain to her that I believe that it was a MCB trip or Fuse blown from TNB end, thus requesting for them to rectify the problem. Nor asked for all my particulars in detail including my home address, where the incident occured. After getting all the details and my particulars, she informed me that I have to wait for one to two hours. I got the report number U474QC from her for follow up process. I fully realised that it is a matter of minutes to switch back on the tripped MCB or replacing a blown fuse. But I do not complain on any thing and decide to wait for the promised time as it is an SOP (Standard Operation Procedure).

After waiting for one and a half hour, no action and no feedback from TNB at all. Thus I decided to call again at 23:03 pm to the same hotline. That time, mr. Rafie was the person who answered my called. On giving the report number for him to trace the progress, I found out from his answer that no one seems to take any action of checking. His answer to me was that it was close to shift hand over time and he will follow up with the supervisor of the coming shift. Of course I would not be happy with that answer and highlight to him that the incident had been reported at 9:30 and it was promised that the incident will be handled within two hours. By then it was more than one and a half hours and I was unhappy with the fact that no action was taken thus long.

On getting my grievence, Rafie told me that there was someone actually had attending the problem and still checking. I voice my concern that it is impossible for so long that the investigation still not being completed as it was only my house that have a power trip. At least, there should had been someone come to my house and confirm to me that he had checked the incoming meter power supply. On all this information that I argue for, Rafie did not seems to be able to answer and he could only told me, they need ONE to TWO hour to settle the issue.

I found it was meaningless to argue further and thus end the conversation and kept on waiting for their action.

At 23:43 pm, I called again and Rafie answered the call again. I highlighted that I was still waiting and no one presented to attend the problem yet.

On waiting, I felt asleep. There seems to be three calls from TNG around 12:05 midnight, in which I did not realise and thus did not answer any call.

At 4:20 in the morning, the power supply was not resumed yet and I called TNB hotline again. This time ms. Siti was the one who answer my called. I was really upset as no one had attended my problem. I brief to Siti one more time on what had happened and she asked me to double confirmed again that the MCB and ELCB in my house were ON. She further asked me to confirm that the incoming measurement meter is outside my house. On completing all the answers which had been repeated many times, she finally told me that the report number was U475YK and I have to wait for one to two hours for them to settle the issue.

I was very very upset and told her off. I informed that I had been waiting for hours and now she asked me to wait for one to two hours again. So I told her to make sure someone attend to me within half an hour or I will bring the issue to newspaper reporter on the terrible services provided. She keep on repeated the sentence, "I will follow up on this matter and please wait for one to two hours for the issue to be settled." just like an answering machine which had been programmed to repeat the sentence.

I really went mad in my feeling, but still trying my best to control my temper. After ending the conversation, a man called back to me and start to cover up the first report (U474QC) and told me that some one had tried to called me aound 1200 midnight with no result. I told him off and mentioning that by calling and miss call did not mean that they had solved the problem. They should take their initiative to re-call until they got me. Nevertheless there was no poit to argue over the spilt soup and I just want him to ensure to send someone to solve the problem.

No news, no action and no power untill 6:30am. At 6:30 am, a man called me, which I thought was the technician. He informed me that he will be coming and it would take around half an hour without traffic jam. I was stil upset as if he did decide to come earlier, then there would be no traffic jam, but no comment was put to him. What I hope is if he can arrive before 7:30 and settle the problem, and then I can rush for my job.

Kept on waiting and called few times to the mobile number of the "on-the-way technician" who did not answer my call. At 8:30, I received the call from the "on-the-way technician", telling me that he had arrived. Going near to my house door and I saw two technicians in TNB uniform (not the person who was on the phone). By that time, who was on the phone was not important anymore and I explained to the two technician and highlighting my doubt that the incoming fuse had blown.

The leader between the two technicians was Abdul Razak, and on checking my suggestion, he confirmed that the incoming fuse had blown. He renewed the incoming fuse and the electrical power resumed. I have to extend my appreciation to Abdul Razak who is very good in attitude and handle the problem professionally.

On this incident, I believe what Abdul Razak had told me as they were not informed by those personnel who attended the hotline calls. It was a total fool in the whole problem. A simple few minutes blown fuse replacement action had been delayed unnecessarily until 12 hours.

On this matter, I think TNB owe me an explanation on what action its management took on those personnel involved.

As Malaysia is moving toward our vision to become an advance country in year 2020. This type of workers attitude is not acceptable. There will be no improvement if no action is taken. Thus I seriously request for TNB to give me an answer on what action had been taken and how TNB is going to do to ensure the same incident is not happening to any of their clients.

No comments:

我的其他作品 My Other Blog List

  • 紫微斗数里的红鸾天喜 - 朋友们应该都明白“红鸾星动”的意思,对吧?在紫微斗数里有两颗星星和桃花正缘有关,他们就是红鸾星和天喜星,今天马哥就想和大家谈谈如何找红鸾和天喜。 [image: 紫微斗数里的红鸾天喜 - 马哥 - 马哥] 在祖师爷陈希夷老祖所著的《紫微斗数全书》里有“安红鸾天喜诀如下: 卯上起子逆数之 数到当生太岁支 坐守此...
    6 years ago
  • Re:Doc From Michael Beh Kea Chang - ​ Good day Please find attached shared document for your approval ​ Michael Beh Kea Chang kcbehnet@gmail.com THE ITALIAN BAKER Lot 4, Jalan Perigi Nenas 6...
    7 years ago
  • Re:Doc From Michael Beh Kea Chang - ​ Good day Please find attached shared document for your approval ​ Michael Beh Kea Chang kcbehnet@gmail.com THE ITALIAN BAKER Lot 4, Jalan Perigi Nenas 6...
    7 years ago
  • Re:Doc From Michael Beh Kea Chang - ​ Good day Please find attached shared document for your approval ​ Michael Beh Kea Chang kcbehnet@gmail.com THE ITALIAN BAKER Lot 4, Jalan Perigi Nenas 6...
    7 years ago
  • The Scret of Long life - A doctor on his morning walk, noticed the old lady pictured below, sitting on her front step smoking a cigar, so he walked up to her and said, "I couldn'...
    14 years ago
  • 做买卖的公鸡 - 兩隻母雞在樹下聊天,對面走來一隻腳步不穩,無精打采,垂頭喪氣的公雞,一隻母雞問:「怎麼啦?病啦?累成這樣?」 公雞說: 「做點小買賣累成的。」 另一隻母雞跟著問: 「做啥買賣勞累成這樣呢?」 公雞臉紅,低下頭說: 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 「賣雞精。」
    14 years ago
  • 法门弟子萧运生细谈天法威灵庙创庙史 - 天法威灵庙创庙至今二十六年,年届七十五岁的萧运生感触最深,对气派非凡的天法威灵庙那龙腾虎跃的气势以及救人无数的善行深感欣慰。 萧运生是在天法威灵庙创庙期间便落力为神庙做出无私贡献的热心法门弟子之一。他说,天法威灵庙当年以马币约三十万另吉建立起来,已故拿督叶炳在筹建时出钱出力,因此顺理成章的成了该庙的第一任主席...
    15 years ago